24. A change of seasons
I'm looking
at the trees
on the sidewalk
lined up
in a orderly
march
it's March
so I expected
an orange
carpet
by now
but it's
greener
than ever
outside
and
inside
my heart
It's like
you've
never left
But
the truth
is
you may be
long gone
I hear
the beat
of your footsteps
shrinking
as you
move
further away
from
my life
I wanted
you
to know that
the constant beat
you've
been hearing
all along
is just my heart
traveling
beside
you
Don't
worry
you don't
need to
look back
at the trees
on the sidewalk
lined up
in a orderly
march
it's March
so I expected
an orange
carpet
by now
but it's
greener
than ever
outside
and
inside
my heart
It's like
you've
never left
But
the truth
is
you may be
long gone
I hear
the beat
of your footsteps
shrinking
as you
move
further away
from
my life
I wanted
you
to know that
the constant beat
you've
been hearing
all along
is just my heart
traveling
beside
you
Don't
worry
you don't
need to
look back
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home