Saturday, May 25, 2019

61. The opening of the eyes, watching the new dawn rise

at last
the day
has come

and just
like I thought
nothing 
has changed

except
that
oddly
enough
(I don't know 
why would I
still be surprised
about how 
this thing works)
I had a revelation
just now
getting 
out from a 7/11
after buying 
late night
snacks

I believed
I erased
every bit
of trace
but it turns out
I didn't delete
just one 
letter

and it was 
the clue

I believe
I know
how you've felt
how you've been feeling

the whys
and whens
of your ideals

sorry 
I doubted you
at one point

I don't
anymore

some things
are not 
negotiable

like missing you
and thinking
about you
at least 

once

every 

single

day

and 
when you read this
whenever that may be

I want you to know
I'll be straight forward
you are the sweetest
prettiest 
wittiest
thing
to ever
have stepped 
into 
my life

that is the why
of the shock

but I do get
your more
down to earth
way 
of seeing things

one step ahead
from me

and I see
how there are many
variables
in this equation
innocent people
who must not be
civil casualties
and
tangled 
situations

and I really
thank you for that

for avoiding
me to make 
an unforgivable
mistake

and that
Milady
makes me 
admire you
love you
even more

and don't forget
I'll always be
sending
you my thoughts
and strenght

even if you can't see it
maybe you'll feel it

let's leave it to time
you'll always be my baby
I'll always have a place
inside
saved only for you

but that's that

I know

I see it now

I also know
you'll be happy
as you can be

and my tribute 
to you
and everyone 
around me
will be
to be the best I can
too

lucky 
the one 
who can live 
through all this
with you
send
my best regards

this 
feeling is
liberating

we all have
our lights 
and shadows
but
in your shadows
I felt warm

I'm the kind of guy
who makes a toast
with Old Georgie
and have a laugh

call it magic
or maybe a dream

but it doesn't have to end
cause all this
is but a good feeling inside

and I
want to carry that
along with me
and you
all this life

and
the next ones




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I've read this post several times, because it overwhelmed me in so many ways that I cannot possibly describe.. Thank you for analyzing it to its bits and truly comprehending my thoughts, intentions and feelings.

Friday, June 21, 2019 at 2:37:00 PM GMT-4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said it wouldn't, but it still does amaze me, you know, this thing. I'm convinced this connection does not has its roots in this earthy soil we stand on, I still feel you, closer by the day, and I really get you, and I hope I get to you every time.
In that paralel upside down, it's ok for me to call you mine, just as you know anywhere, anytime, I'm yours.

Friday, June 21, 2019 at 9:48:00 PM GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home