Tuesday, July 16, 2019

71. The time traveler wife


I want to be
where your
mind is
right now

lend me your
time machine

you don't need
to pretend
no more
I just caught you
red-handed
that coffee machine
it's not there just for
making coffee
I know
you've been traveling
back and forth
so tell me
what's next
for me

cause
despite
what I do
what I say
you always
seem to be
ahead

ninety nine
and a half
percent
of the time
I want to leave

but then
I see you
and my plans
crumble
like castles
in the sand

maybe
it is just me
that's caught up
I thought
about this
many
many
times

I figured
you have
all the answers
right in your hands
so tell me
what's in it
still for me

all my memories
of you
are still very alive
but it's the same one
I might find
if I went roaming
the streets
looking
for you

paying attention
to all kinds of cars
now
with no particular
marks

down the streets
I have highlighted
on my map
where I might
find you

the same roads
I avoid taking
at a certain time

but lucky you
for you can
go back

and hide
behind a curtain
to see us
running
a persian empire
or
night chllin
at the foot
of Mount Fuji
watching
an old painter
trying to capture
the moment
just like us

all I have
are your recent
postcards
from early
this year

though I
would choose
them over
any one
any time

I know
I found you
this time around
trying to be
the good wife

and I
sincerely
would never
want to
avoid you
from being
the person
you want to

I feel like
Major Tom
finally
touching ground
safe

I think about
how crazy and
unnecessary
is to choose
danger
when we can
have peace and quiet

of course
in a dream land
in the past
or in the future
I'm having this peace
with you
and
the very thought of it
warms me
to the tip of my toes

but not today

and part
of growing up
is accepting
and embracing
what comes
how it comes

you might
have deciphered
by now
that I've been going
through each
of your songs
old ones
new ones
instrumentals
as if I'm working
on a case
trying to find
a clue
or some lead
I might have
overlooked
at the time
due to the hype
of you

don't worry
about me
all that you have
left in me
is but good

I go out
at times
with friends
and hearing
their stories
I see
there is no story
that can be
compared
to you

but since
I can't take you
out on the spotlight

I just smile
inside
and rub my
right hand
over the scar
you have left
in my heart



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

https://youtu.be/6LNvIwWNHmA

Friday, July 26, 2019 at 12:36:00 AM GMT-4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, July 26, 2019 at 2:40:00 PM GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home