72. At the edge of tomorrow
I go out and walk
the streets
that have your name
carved in each stone
and start to feel
like I'm floating
above town
my eyes
are out of focus
the crowd
has no faces
I lost sight
for everything else
the first time
I saw you
I wish
I could ride the wind
to go home to you
and tell you
how much I've been
missing you
as I caress
your blushed
right cheek
with the tips
of my warm lips
what you left
inside me
evolved
into something
that pride
hate
or sadness
will never reach
I know
there's a chance
these words
might discomfort
even scare you
and make you doubt
of my maturity
or life experiences
as you watch
the great impact
you've caused
in me
and all I can say
it is all true
but oddly enough
I don't mind
as long as it's you
you've hit my
reset button
when I thought
it was game over
maybe it's daydreaming
but I think
this is something
I get only once
in a lifetime
so I might as well
keep it
at least for me
you see
I expect
nothing from you
you have already
given me
everything
I could ever hope for
it's just that
there might be
an inner process
that is taking place
now
without me
even knowing
we're constatly
moving inside
even when we
seem to be
still and frozen
and
any given day
maybe I'll be able
to finally
let go
because I think
the self committed you
needs that
but you won't
ask me to
so I'm sorry
for my selfishness
in this matter
I am consciously
slow
and a bit blind
when it comes
to realizing
some things
like
trascend
separteness
but I'm
also committed
to never let you
forget me
the streets
that have your name
carved in each stone
and start to feel
like I'm floating
above town
my eyes
are out of focus
the crowd
has no faces
I lost sight
for everything else
the first time
I saw you
I wish
I could ride the wind
to go home to you
and tell you
how much I've been
missing you
as I caress
your blushed
right cheek
with the tips
of my warm lips
what you left
inside me
evolved
into something
that pride
hate
or sadness
will never reach
I know
there's a chance
these words
might discomfort
even scare you
and make you doubt
of my maturity
or life experiences
as you watch
the great impact
you've caused
in me
and all I can say
it is all true
but oddly enough
I don't mind
as long as it's you
you've hit my
reset button
when I thought
it was game over
maybe it's daydreaming
but I think
this is something
I get only once
in a lifetime
so I might as well
keep it
at least for me
you see
I expect
nothing from you
you have already
given me
everything
I could ever hope for
it's just that
there might be
an inner process
that is taking place
now
without me
even knowing
we're constatly
moving inside
even when we
seem to be
still and frozen
and
any given day
maybe I'll be able
to finally
let go
because I think
the self committed you
needs that
but you won't
ask me to
so I'm sorry
for my selfishness
in this matter
I am consciously
slow
and a bit blind
when it comes
to realizing
some things
like
trascend
separteness
but I'm
also committed
to never let you
forget me

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home