Wednesday, July 22, 2020

85. The sound of inevitability

there's nothing 
particular
about this 
particular 
Tuesday

everything's
still moving 
though 
it feels
everything's 
still

sometimes
I'd like to 
slow down 
our song
to half
the speed
and boost
the bass

at least
for the sake
of my enjoyment

I still think
of you
but I don't
overthink
anymore

there's always
a pinch of dream
in the mix
but it's been
diluting
in the density
of the everyday

I'm not the kind
of person
who wishes 
to go back
no matter
how sweet
the past

nor fast forward
to a seemingly
predictable
future

it is what
it is

and in this
context
I'm always
wishing
you the best

from those
around you
and from that 
which
surrounds you

for what is worth
you'll always
have the best
of me

not hoping
not expecting
just handing
it to you
unconditionally

and 
at this point
you may
wonder why

well
I don't know
either

maybe
it's your sweetness
scattered all over
my memories
reverberating
through time

or maybe
it's just
my stubbornness

either way
I like thinking
it's something
more










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home