Wednesday, March 01, 2023

96. Cold coffee to go in a parking lot

The same minutes

that felt like an instant

behind a foggy windshield

with your hand over mine

now strech long

and longer

the further away you are

from me


I tried

to hold your hand

with a precise grasp

not too tight

so I won't keep you 

from growing 

yet not too loose 

so I won't 

let you go


I thought

I was watching

the dawn

but I realize now

the sun is sinking


I can still feel

your bones expanding

hear the sea inside you

through the shells

on both sides 

of my skull


your cells working

the night shift

while you are away

at the Palace


the taste of your lips

the smell of your hair

my fingers fitting 

in every one of your ribs

the softness of you 


your warmth 

as your skin

and mine

were just one


If I knew

I would have held you

tighter

I would have kissed you

longer

I would have remained

inside of you


but I also know that

we would have gotten

where we are now

eventually


And in this

an every other scenario

I've never

gotten over you




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home