19. Saturday morning cartoons
I wake up
with a heavy heart
and find the sunlight
drawing lines
on my bedroom floor
and little dust flakes
contour
your silhouette
on my bed
in that cold
empty space
you should have
filled
I pour some coffee
and think of the cup
I gave to you
still somewhere
enduring
and envy it
for it can still enjoy
the marvelous
sight of you
and taste
your lips
every morning
So I go out
and face
another day
of hanging in reverie
of classifying images of you
of managing through flashbacks
of roaming on the streets
looking for clues
that lead me
back to you
with a heavy heart
and find the sunlight
drawing lines
on my bedroom floor
and little dust flakes
contour
your silhouette
on my bed
in that cold
empty space
you should have
filled
I pour some coffee
and think of the cup
I gave to you
still somewhere
enduring
and envy it
for it can still enjoy
the marvelous
sight of you
and taste
your lips
every morning
So I go out
and face
another day
of hanging in reverie
of classifying images of you
of managing through flashbacks
of roaming on the streets
looking for clues
that lead me
back to you
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home